Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Entry Note To Self...2018

Last Entry Note To Self...2018
Journal Entry:  12/19/18



It’s hard to believe another year is pulling down It’s evening shades. Looking back, I have wandered about in adventure, and wondered with adventure in my mind. I have Scribbled in my personal journal, of sorts, and along the journey I have captured a few pictures that still frame my mind. Especially those that captured the essence in a special moment.

New friends I have been blessed with and ole friends I have loved. I have stood up for beliefs when I felt it right to do so. I have seen things that took my breath away and others that troubled me well into the night. I have stopped and asked questions to strangers, and not at all a surprise, their answers changed my life. I saw Goodness in so many that it has lead me to believe, that deep down, there must be a little shred of good in us all.

We are simple joy, we are unashamed laughter. Will we stay this way? Seems some dances may never end...

Thank you for this strong veil of friendship we have created, if nothing more than the shear validation that we are here.  Some say we are just imaginary friends in a grand social experiment, but just to see another take in the good for being cared about or the goodness in your thought word or deed, reflects positive intentions of kindness no matter what we call ourselves. Maybe there needs to be a new word for these connections?

Each person I met along the way became a part of me and in a sense will always be a part of each of us. Knowing our own goodness, we are more able to recognize it in others. Seeing the good in ourselves and others, we are more likely to do what we can to build the good in the world we share together.

Because I know that I don't always get it right, and that not everything I pen is great, I just wanted to quite genuinely say: thank you. Whether you read everything or almost nothing, it all means more than you know.

I'm not sure why I started writing almost four years ago, and I still don't know where I'm going. But it's all been strange. And interesting. And meaningful. And humbling. I may not have known why I wanted to scribble back then but I definitely thought I had something to say. I now know that I don't. And I guess that's progress.

So I make my final entry and close my Personal Journal, Of Sorts, and push it aside until the morning breaks a new... wishing you and yours a spirit of ease.

”Once we fly in our dreams, our walk in life will never be the same...thank you! Best wishes” ...Doc

2 comments:

  1. Another chapter closes with the end of a year. A measurement to perhaps give us closure on some level .. hope on another. However you look at it, wishes for a bright tomorrow Doc

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Entry Note To Self...the art of living

Journal Entry: 12/12/18 The Art Of Living How we choose what we do, and how we approach it…will determine whether the sum of our days ...