Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Our Children




I come from bloody noses and scraped knees.
Bright blue eyes holding onto the promise of tomorrow 
that will never come.
I come from optimism,
forever filled with the hope of
something better.
I come from sugar coated lies 
Spoken from caved lips of hidden truth.
I come from pangs of anxiety, balled fists and damp eyes.
I come from the heartbeat in my ear drums that cannot be escaped.
I close my eyes, but fire burns brighter in the darkness.

I come from misconception.
I begin to understand the world for what it is.
I come from a new beginning; hopeful of a better start to something new, but forever fearful.
I come from power, of a stronger person that has been painfully carved along the way.
It is all a matter of perspective.
















2 comments:

  1. A tear was shed upon reading this ..Merci Ego 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  2. For days I did not let them know where I came from.
    But I didn't try to fit in either, and that was enough of a clue
    for them to see me as an alien in their world
    of bloody nose and scraped knees.
    I saw their plight, I stayed aside, did not utter a word. But my silence placed me in their eyes as an inscrutable foe,
    and I was seen as the mocking-bird.
    I came from a land
    for two hundred years
    subjected to enslavement
    to an empire that ruled and derided us.
    Our silence, a token of weakness, tolerance a sign of cowardice ,
    and our restraint was seen as a judgement passed.
    This was how I came and passed
    out of your world silently,
    moved by the anguish hiding behind
    the bloody nose and the scraped knee.
    How I longed to talk.!

    I pass out of your world, a deep regret, a sorrow within,
    a shadow that could not speak.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Entry Note To Self...the art of living

Journal Entry: 12/12/18 The Art Of Living How we choose what we do, and how we approach it…will determine whether the sum of our days ...