Friday, December 7, 2018

Entry Note To Self...invisible paths

Journal Entry: 12/6/18
Invisible Paths

"You are here because you know something. You don't
 know what it is, but you can feel it. Something is wrong with the world."
— Morpheus, The Matrix

✍️
As the age turns, millions of people are pioneering a transition from the old world to the new, are we not? It is a journey fraught with peril and hardship and breathtaking discovery, a journey irreducibly unique for each of us.

Because we are stepping out into the new, (or at least it feels that way to me), it is also profoundly uncertain and at times lonely. I cannot map out the details of my path, but I can fortify myself as I walk it and and maybe just illuminate some of its universal features.

So a few years ago I started to make Entry Notes to myself. My purpose, I suppose, was to give some voice to what I have always known (without knowing it) and always believed (without believing it).

Maybe in some grand way I was hoping that someone might stubble across my thoughts and symbols, and just for a second, breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Ah, I was right all along."

In a sense I am not describing a path at all, since there isn't one in the new territory of the new pioneer. Indeed, what I am describing is a departure from a path, the ready-made paths laid out before us, and the creation of a new one.

You know the ready-made path I'm talking about. Typified by that odious board game "Life," it begins with school, traverses the territory of marriage, kids, and career, and, if all goes well, ends in a long and comfortable retirement. This program has been crumbling for decades now. I, for one, am not planning for a retirement for my journey; the very concept feels alien to me, as does the notion that my Golden Years are to be any time other than right now.

Just a pioneer, like you...Be well, Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Entry Note To Self...the art of living

Journal Entry: 12/12/18 The Art Of Living How we choose what we do, and how we approach it…will determine whether the sum of our days ...